• Dr. Denis Slinkin

    What does an orthopedic trauma surgeon?

    Dr. Denis Slinkin states: If a person has broken a leg or finger, the doctor examines the site of the injury, prescribes an X-ray, which shows the fracture in all details. Then he corrects the fracture (gives the bones the right position) and applies a cast. If necessary, performs the operation. Another option is an incorrectly conjoined fracture or changes in the bones due to painful processes in the body. In this case, a reconstructive treatment is performed. For example, as a result of flat feet, so-called bumps are formed at the base of the thumbs (in fact, it is nothing but deformed joints). The problem is solved by corrective…